Monday, September 13, 2010

Gettin' Nitty and gritty and possibly dirty

So I grew up in Edson Ab. Say whatever you want about it, I won't say anything here. But I've got some old family friends there and they let me in on something happening this weekend. We're trying out to be the warm up band for Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Now I know... I'm not a coutnry artist but what the fuck do I care? I like gigging, and I like gigging with names that I recognize. And I have to play fishing in the dark or that other one with the line dance all the time at work (ahem cough cough dueling pianos. feel free to book me to duel at your venue) so why the hell wouldn't I want to open for them? I think it's neat-o. And of course, the band has yet to have played together. YIPPEE. So speed rehearsal tomorrow! Not that I'm worried, they're good players, and it's typical cover stuff we'll be playing anyway. I'm more worried that I haven't heard back from the organizer of the event about how long we play for, if they want covers, or originals, what kinda gear do we need... so I don't even know how many vehicles we need to get to edson. Sigh. The worst part is that I'm sitting at home with nothing to do but wait for a list of people to get back to me. And I can't think of anyone else to get to in the first place so that they can get back to me too! So I play some dorky computer games, stalk people on facebook until I find someone else I should be getting in touch with. It's a hard job. It is!!! I don't know what to do is the hardest, so how do I do it? Anyway, I found this, so I'm doing something this weekend.

I played the ol' dueling pianos at Overtime in Sherwood Park this weekend and to my pleasant surprise, I was playing along Jesse Dollimont from The Consonance. We only got one boy to take a shirt off, but we gave away some shots and that makes for a good night of dueling piano in my books. Check out: http://www.youtube.com/theconsonance cause they've got some good stuff up there.
So... just checked the ol' email. nothing from noone.
This might not get me famous, but it could get me skinnier, which could get me famous so I might as well put it up here: I'm looking to join a soccer team again! Nothing competitive, just some ladies my age running around and having some fun. I like to practice and play games and I miss it. So if you're looking for a funny, once-was-actually-pretty-good-but-now-is-starting-to-get-alittle-older-and-fatter kinda player, then let me know!
heart tiff

1 comment:

  1. Lady, lady, lady! Did you hear back from those folks? Are you going to be the new opening gig for NGDB? Oh I hope you will be....I freaking love them and I totally heart you too!

    Best of luck lady :)

    ReplyDelete